How CMBA Works For You
CMBA Ontario speaks as its Members’ collective voice to regulators and the mortgage finance industries to advance and protect their interests. Many brokers and agents in Ontario choose to hold themselves to a higher standard as Members of an association of like-minded professionals. So, what can CMBA do for you?
At CMBA, we believe that an association should work to unite its Members, as well as to be an advocate for their common interests and concerns. CMBA was formed to represent its Members who are mortgage brokers and agents in Ontario and to assist them in their chosen profession.
Why choose CMBA Ontario? The Association’s Members enjoy many benefits including:
Testimonial! I have been a member of CMBA for a number of years. I always find something new and relevant in their publications and when they hold industry events. There is always something I can share with our team of experienced agents. Overall I believe this association speaks to the trends and issues we deal with every day in this industry.
Roger L’Ecuyer Partner, Broker Verico The Mortgage Wellness Group Limited
- Licensing and re-licensing education
- Practical training for agents and brokers
- A code of professional conduct for guidance in their business practices
- Comprehensive, customized and up-to-date Policies & Procedures manual to easily incorporate the MBLAA, 2006 and accompanying rules and regulations into your brokerage operations
- Receiving information about current trends, regulatory developments and key industry issues
- Quarterly Canadian Mortgage Broker magazine and regularly scheduled The Voice e-newsletters
- Opportunities to attend networking events throughout each year (Annual Conference & Trade Show, Professional Development Symposiums, Awards Dinner & Gala Evening, SummerFest golf tournament, and WinterFest)
- Advocacy to FSCO and the Ministry of Finance regarding important issues
- A platform for expressing their opinions and concerns
- A listing of your name, business name and contact details on our website which is searchable by the public
- Access to Directors and staff should Members require their assistance
- Recognition by lenders, service providers, regulators and politicians as credible partners
- MemberPerks discounts with over 1,200 deals on dining, shopping, entertainment and more
- An Affinity Program that provides cost savings for business products and services
- A suite of insurance products for you and your employees
- Rent our office space to hold your meetings or workshops